Pages

Welcome to my world

During the holidays in July 2011 I decided to teach myself to crochet. Iwanted to keep a diary of my journey but I'm hopeless at writing so I thought I'd try blogging.
So why not join me on my journey, friends are always welcome and the kettles'always hot. So come on in pull up a chair and enjoy the ride.
Luv Sandra
"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord"

Sunday 13 November 2011

Albany show and two new projects

This past weekend was great. On Friday the boys and I went to the Albany show. Police Rangers does fund raising at the show. They do this two ways one by manning the entry and exit gates and the other is with a drinks van. This year Paul Dale and myself helped out on the gates. As a thank you you get free entry to the show. So after 11am we were free to room around( the boys worked from 9-11am).This year Paul and Dale went of with some of Paul's class mates which left me to wonder around on my own, YES!! I got the opportunity to wonder through the stalls and displays at my own pace without hearing "Can we go to the side shop now?" every 5 minutes. I found a number of cute teddies, some kids books, lavender lollies some choc. coated pretzels (really yummy). The books and teddies were fund raiser items the chocolate was because I could :)
I love the colours in this lolly jar

But my Big find was this bag.
This bag is made by a company called Nahui Ollin they make bags purses etc from folded lolly wrappers. I fell in love at first sight. Unfortunately I could only afford one bag so I settled on this one, which is my colour, but one day I hope to get more.
Paul and Dale started on the gates at 9am but I didn't start till 10am so I had an hour to kick around so I went into Spotlight to see if I could find some yarn to do some crochet squares. While I was there I saw some of the yarn used to make the ruffle scarves. I have seen these on other blogs and the yarn in the shops but have never felt game enough to try. I don't know why because they are really easy. I didn't get to start before I started on the gates but I started it while I had some time to spare while waiting to meet up with Paul and Dale. At the show the Baptist church has a tent were you can go to have a break, they provide free tea, coffee and cake and also lots of kids crafts.
It took me a little while to get it working for me, it didn't help that I got chatting to a lady in the tent. I finished it that night while recovering from the show, I don't think my bank account will recover for a while yet. I really like the effect and may even keep it for myself, not that I wear scarves that often.



The other project I completed this weekend is this basket 



I got the inspiration to line this basket from the blog Attic 24. I've had this basket for ages I had even painted it a light blue, I don't remember why. So on Saturday I bought some fabric and today between church services I whipped this up, I even made a cover to lay over the top of my work. I am really happy with the results.
Well I'm off to work on another ruffle scarf and then early to bed.
Luv Sandra

No comments: